Easy recipe and a great summer snack for kids, picnics, anything.
Give these gems a try!.
The recipe comes to us from an Amish cook in Somerset County, Pennsylvania! Spread homemade peanut butter frosting over the peanut butter cupcakes and you have pure peanut butter bliss.
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream shortening.
- Add sugar and beat until well blended.
- Add peanut butter and blend into mixture.
- Beat eggs and add.
- Beat again
- Sift flour; measure and add salt and baking powder.
- Sift again.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and flavoring.
- Beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Fill greased cupcake or muffin pans ⅔ full Bake at 375 for 20 minutes
- Makes 2 dozen cupcakes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer or briskly with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable.
- Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.
Try it ,i hope you will enjoy it with a great taste.