Raspberries are a favorite fruit in many midwestern Amish communities. There are Amish-owned raspberry u-pick farms and the juicy, delicious fruit finds its way into jams, spreads, muffins, and coffeecakes.
Key Lime Pie actually is a favorite in the Amish community of Pinecraft, Florida. So while Key limes are not universally known and used among the Amish, they are a favorite in Florida!
❤️ Bake-Off Bliss
This Key Lime Raspberry Pie was the winning recipe in the Chrisholm Almost-Amish Bake-Off at few years ago. Rachel Hacker made this wonderful creation and won the bake-off. Chrisholm is a park in Butler County, Ohio which preserves the area's Amish history. The area was once home to one of Ohio's earliest Amish communities.
I was a judge at a bake-off there one year and, wow, holy cow, there were some amazing desserts and this was one of them. I am not sure I have ever been so stuffed in my life, after sampling about a dozen different desserts. Twice.
So, what does a Key Lime Raspberry Pie taste like?
Well, indulge in the perfect balance of tangy and sweet flavors this irresistible Raspberry Key Lime Pie. This mouthwatering dessert is a delightful twist on the classic key lime pie, enhanced with the vibrant and luscious taste of fresh raspberries.
This recipe combines the zesty tang of key limes with the natural sweetness of raspberries, resulting in a harmonious flavor explosion that will leave your taste buds craving more. I definitely left my tastebuds craving more!
Whether you're a key lime pie enthusiast or a raspberry lover, this recipe is sure to unlock a truly delightful culinary experience. Get ready to impress your family and friends with this heavenly dessert that embodies the perfect balance of flavors.
📋 Step-By-Step Raspberry Key Lime Pie
Crush graham crackers and have some sweetened coconut on hand.
For the filling, keep some fresh raspberries on hand!
And save some raspberries for the topping also.
🥧 More Amish Pie Recipes
Cinnamon Cream Pie - Wow this is great!
Lemon Pie - Refreshing!
Oatmeal Pie - an Amish365.com classic!
Sawdust Pie - So good!
🖨️ Full Recipe
Prize-Winning Raspberry Key Lime Pie
- 1 ¾ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut
- 7 Tablespoons salted melted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 dashes salt
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- dash salt
- 2 oz roughly grated white chocolate
- Preheat Oven to 375Crush Graham Crackers to medium crumb size, combine in a bowl with all of the melted butter and coconut.
- Press into a 9 inch pie pan (glass preferred)and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until a gentle golden color. Cool.
- Thoroughly combine sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks, then add all ofthe lime juice.
- Stir, then add lime zest and salt. Pour filling into cooled pie shell. Evenly disperse the pint of fresh raspberries on top of the pie then press into filling.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes at 375, until filling is somewhat firm.
- Cool in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- For raspberry sauce, combine everything but the white chocolate into a small sauce pan, then cook on medium for 5 to 10 minutes, until raspberries are broken up into the liquid.
- Strain out the sauce from seeds, through a sieve.Cool.
- Top cooled pie with a modest layer of the raspberry sauce and the white chocolate.