I saw these delicious brownies at the German Baptist Brethren youth gathering last weekend and that got me thinking about a brownie recipe in my files back home. World's best brownies? Okay, that's a pretty audacious claim. But that is what the Amish baker entitled the recipe. Now it's up to you to make them and see if she's correct.
World's Best Amish Brownies
- 6 eggs
- 3 c. sugar
- 1 ½ c. vegetable oil
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 ¾ c. flour
- 1 c. cocoa
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Beat together eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Stir flour, cocoa, and salt together and stir into egg/sugar mixture.
- Beat until well combined.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chip, if desired.
- Spread into a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Leave a Reply