This is the time of year when rhubarb is on the menu in many ways in Amish kitchens. Whether it be rhubarb pie, shortcake, pudding, or even juice, rhubarb is king right now. This is how Lovina’s rhubarb juice supply looked this time last year. Try the recipe below for your own homemade rhubarb juice!
- Rhubarb juice
- 8 pounds rhubarb, diced
- 8 quarts water
- 2 (12-ounce) cans of frozen orange juice
- 2 (46-ounce) cans of pineapple juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes strawberry gelatin
- Combine rhubarb and water and cook until rhubarb is soft.
- Drain, discarding rhubarb, and add the rest of ingredients to the juice.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Put hot juice into jars, seal and cold pack for five minutes.