Rhubarb season is, thankfully, almost upon us. This is a photo of an amazingly refreshing rhubarb juice being poured by Amish woman Miriam Miller who lived in Fredonia, Pennsylvania at the time. I probably drank half the pitcher:), it was that good! I look forward to sharing a lot of good rhubarb recipes in the month ahead as the season comes into full swing. Meanwhile, enjoy the juice!
- 8 pounds rhubarb, diced
- 8 quarts water
- 2 (12-ounce) cans of frozen orange juice
- 2 (46-ounce) cans of pineapple juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes strawberry gelatin
- Combine rhubarb and water and cook until rhubarb is soft.
- Drain, discarding rhubarb, and add the rest of ingredients to the juice.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Put hot juice into jars, seal and cold pack for five minutes.