Rhubarb season is, thankfully, almost upon us. This is a photo of an amazingly refreshing rhubarb juice being poured by Amish woman Miriam Miller who lived in Fredonia, Pennsylvania at the time. I probably drank half the pitcher:), it was that good! I look forward to sharing a lot of good rhubarb recipes in the month ahead as the season comes into full swing. Meanwhile, enjoy the juice!
Homemade Rhubarb Juice
- 8 pounds rhubarb diced
- 8 quarts water
- 2 cans of frozen orange juice 12-ounce
- 2 cans of pineapple juice 46-ounce
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 boxes strawberry gelatin 3-ounce
- Combine rhubarb and water and cook until rhubarb is soft.
- Drain, discarding rhubarb, and add the rest of ingredients to the juice.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Put hot juice into jars, seal and cold pack for five minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply